Keto Almond Joy Cookie Recipe
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp coconut or vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 large eggs, whites only
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 ounces milk or dark sugar-free chocolate, chopped
- 2 tsp virgin coconut oil
Keto Almond Joy Macaroons Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring the heavy cream to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook until slightly thickened and reduced, for approximately 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the Swerve confectioners sweetener and the coconut extract.
- Sprinkle the surface with xanthan gum and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Stir in the shredded coconut and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites with the salt until they hold stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in the coconut mixture until well combined.
- Drop by the spoonful into 16 even mounds on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until just barely browned around the edges and just firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely on the pan.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth.
- Dip the bottom of each cookie in the melted chocolate and set on a waxed paper lined tray.
- Drizzle or pipe the remaining chocolate over each cookie.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes to set the chocolate.